If you’ve checked this page in the last 24 hours you may have seen some weird formatting errors as a result of my mucking with the CSS code in an attempt to create a smaller font size category for caption text. I forgot to close my curly bracket (oh, the horror!) and it caused a bunch of calamity. Closing the bracket did not immediately fix the problem (use plug-ins, people), so I’ve switched to a new theme for now — one that somehow has fixed a latent comment notification error (
and maybe now you can use html in comments?). All of this calls for further investigation, but I have to turn in some Python homework. So, in the meantime, here’s some fun links for you…
- Cheezburger is bringing sexy back via their 2014 Transparency Report. See also: warrant canary.
- Looking for sandboxen inspiration? Wolfram|Alpha has comprehensive lists on just about any topic you can imagine. From their site: “We aim to collect and curate all objective data; implement every known model, method, and algorithm; and make it possible to compute whatever can be computed about anything.” The possibilities are limitless. Go play!
- Christina’s list of #educolor tweeters is a must-follow for people who care about race, education, social justice, and authentically supporting communities of color. On a related note, Vu’s recent posts about Trickle-Down Community Engagement resonated with me in big way. Read both installments: (1, 2).
- Learn Python the hard way. *Gulp* this book was recommended to me by my Code Fellow TA. You can buy a paper copy or it’s available in full on the website.
- Ever wonder how people make those looping videos? Now you can make your own with Infinite Looper… I need one of Eric Grimson saying “a-ha!”
- WE’RE BUYING A HOUSE! More to come. 🙂 In the meantime, I am obsessed with ideas for adding more closet space to small homes…